How to Scan a QR Code on an Android Phones – Learn how to use the built-in camera on your Phone like Samsung, Nokia, Google Phone… to scan a Quick Response (QR) code.
QR codes give you quick access to websites without having to type or remember a web address. You can use the Camera app on your How to Scan a QR Code on an Android Phones – Learn how to use the built-in camera on your Phone like Samsung, Nokia, Google Phone… touch to scan a Quick Response (QR) code. to scan a QR code.
These days, QR codes are everywhere. These modern-day barcodes let you quickly open a web page, download an app, send text messages, and more. All you have to do is scan them with your smartphone camera to get access to all this helpful information. Here’s how to scan a QR code with your Android phone.
How to Scan a QR code on an Android Phone
If you’re running Android 8 or later, you can scan a QR code by long-pressing the home button and selecting Lens. Then point your camera at the QR code, tap the magnifying glass icon, and tap the pop-up notification.
- Press and hold the home button.
- Then tap Lens. This is the circle surrounded by lines to the left of the four colored buttons at the bottom of your screen.Note: A prompt will appear if it’s your first time to use this feature. If it does, simply choose Allow. If you don’t have Google Assistant on your Android, you can download the Google Lens app from the Google Play Store.
- Point your camera at the QR code. You don’t have to fill the entire screen, but make sure that all four corners of the QR code are in view.
- Then tap the magnifying glass icon to scan the QR code. You can find this at the bottom of your screen.
- Finally, tap the pop-up notification. You will then be directed to the information or action embedded in the QR code. This could open a webpage, open the Google Play Store, save a contact, and more.